Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Let Harry Reid tend his own garden

Harry Reid feels very sorry for himself. He's just had to spend so much darn time in Washington arguing with those GOP terrorists that he can't make it back to his home in Nevada.
“I have a home in Nevada that I haven't seen in months,” a tired-looking Reid said. “My pomegranate trees are, I’m told, are blossoming and have some pomegranates on them. I have some fig trees and roses and things that I just haven't seen. So I have constituents that I’m anxious to see, friends I need to visit with, relatives I need to visit with.”
Doesn't your heart bleed for him. George Washington yearning for Mount Vernon has nothing on Harry Reid and his pomegranate trees.

Didn't Harry Reid spend millions of dollars fighting for reelection to make sure that he could spend time in Washington away from his pomegranate trees and rose bushes? Republicans would be quite happy to let Harry Reid follow Voltaire's advice to "cultivate [his] garden."

4 comments:

ray.heller said...

It sounds as though he really doesn't enjoy it in DC. Maybe it is time for him to retire. I mean, I think he is old enough and I am sure there is someone younger who would not be bothered to hang out in DC to do their job. (At least he still has one for now)

ic said...

There are Nevadans who can't afford to buy one pomegranate.

yay.heller: Unfortunately those damned Nevadan fools guaranteed him another six years of employment.

pumping-irony said...

I love these weasely ratbags... "OOOOH, I'm SOOO dedicated to the public service that I haven't talked to my trees in months. But I can't afford to take time off 'cause the public NEEDS me, so." Yeah, right, like the state of Nevada couldn't find anybody else who wanted to get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to live like a king while digging holes to bury the taxpayers in. Boo hoo. Remind me to cry later.

Locomotive Breath said...

I'll bet he missed the Cowboy poets too.