Banner ad

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Well, that's a disappointment

Mitch Daniels has decided not to run for president. He sent out a midnight email to his supporters announcing his decision. In the email he said that the reason for his decision was his family.
"The counsel and encouragement I received from important citizens like you caused me to think very deeply about becoming a national candidate. In the end, I was able to resolve every competing consideration but one, but that, the interests and wishes of my family, is the most important consideration of all. If I have disappointed you, I will always be sorry."

If you feel that this was a non-courageous or unpatriotic decision, I understand and will not attempt to persuade you otherwise. I only hope that you will accept my sincerity in the judgment I reached,"
I can certainly understand a man listening to the concerns of his family and putting that first. The public spotlight can be very cruel sometimes.

He was a candidate I could have gotten been enthusiastic about supporting. Too many times I feel as if I'm just supporting the lesser of two undesirables. It was certainly that way in 2008.

I guess I'll have to start reading more about Tim Pawlenty and looking for reasons to be enthusiastic about him.


SIRJASON said...

Betsy, it will always be 'that way' if "We the People" continue to vote for establishment elites and their corrupt backers!

You can get very excited about Herman Cain and Allen West who are both black American patriiots who believe our Constitution is "the law of the land" and governance of,by and for the people is the ONLY form of government allowed in our Republic!! Check'em out!

Locomotive Breath said...

Whether or not you like Sarah Palin, the in-the-tank-for-Obama media gave not only her, but her entire family the working over in 2008. They'll do it again in 2012. Who'd sign up for that?

mark said...

Yes, West has a great future:
“I will take my hands off Medicare and when there is no Medicare, then I will come see you sir.”

Cain might do some homework before hitting the talk show circuit. He obviously didn't know the meaning of "right of return", but that didn't stop him from speaking out on Israel. Then again, he can just mimic Palin and Newt and blame the "lamestream" media when he embarrasses himself.

At least those two "black American patriots" don't (appear) to have a history of supporting mandates, as do half the repubs considering running. They won't have to deal with that hypocrisy.