Banner ad

Monday, February 08, 2010

Focus on the Family psychs out the Feminists

What a brilliant psych-out by Focus on the Family with the Tim Tebow ad. It was about as harmless as an ad could be. But they so knew the feminists that they could depend on them to raise a hullabaloo. Without the fuss people wouldn't haven't known the back story on the ad and it would just have come across as an ad about family affection or something. But by raising a stink, they made sure that everyone knew that that was a pro-life ad and gave the message so much more oomph! And the feminists have to recognize that they were the ones who walked into that trap. That was just lovely jujitsu to use the feminists' predictable biases against them to both send a pro-life message and to expose the feminists for being pro-abortion rather than pro-choice.

And now all that is left for the sputtering feminists is to complain that the light-hearted ad glorified domestic violence because Tebow supposedly tackles his mother in the ad.
NOW president Terry O'Neill said it glorified violence against women. "I am blown away at the celebration of the violence against women in it," she said. "That's what comes across to me even more strongly than the anti-abortion message. I myself am a survivor of domestic violence, and I don't find it charming. I think CBS should be ashamed of itself."
Oh, geez. NOW should learn to quit when they're behind instead of giving the story another day of people laughing at them.


tfhr said...

NOW quit when they turned a blind eye to Bill Clinton.

Sokmnkee said...

I WOULDN'T watch it if I were home right now, but I wonder what that witch Behar had to jaw about this morning on The Spew.