• Alan Cooper is a professor of theology at the Jewish Theological Seminary.Wow! How cool would it be to have a professor of theology who had played at Woodstock.
• Joe Witkin is an emergency room physician and plays keyboard for The Corvettes.
• George Leonard is a professor of interdisciplinary humanities at San Francisco State University. He has sold novels and screenplays to Universal Pictures.
• Richard Joffe is a lawyer for Labaton Sucharow LLC.
• Elliot Cahn was the first manager of Green Day.
• Orthopedic surgeon Scott Powell is the team physician for the United States Soccer Federation Women's National Team, a clinical professor at the University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine and on United Cerebral Palsy's board of directors.
• Denny Greene became vice president of production and features at Columbia Pictures and later president of Lenox/Greene Films. He's a professor of law at the University of Dayton.
• Robert Leonard is one of the founding fathers of forensic linguistics. He's director of the Forensic Linguistics Project at Hofstra University.
• Henry Gross had a hit with Shannon.
• Bruce Clarke is a professor of literature and science at Texas Tech University.
Monday, August 17, 2009
In honor of the anniversary of Woodstock, USA Today has published an article looking at where some of the stars of the rock concert are today. Some of them are still performing and touring. The most fascinating information comes from the biographies of members of the retro band Sha Na Na. Here is what happened to some of the members of the group.