Banner ad

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Try your hand in deciphering these text-message summaries of classic bits of literature. Here's a sample.
5SistrsWntngHsbnds.

NwMenInTwn-Bingly

&DarcyFit&Loadd.BigSis

JaneFals4B,2ndSisLiz

H8sDCozHesProud.

SlimySoljrWikamSysD

HSShadyPast.TrnsOut

HesActulyARlyNysGuy&

RlyFancysLiz.SheDecyd

SheLyksHim.Evry1Gts

Maryd.
Who would have thought that you could summarize Pride and Prejudice down to a text message? Or would want to?

I prefer these summaries of classics from Book-A-Minute. Some of these just crack me up. Here is their minute summary of Beowulf.
Hrothgar
Let's build a big old dining hall and call it Herot.
(They do. Then Grendel, an ugly guy, takes over Herot and eats people. Beowulf rips his arm off.)

All
You rule, Beowulf.
(Some people make SPEECHES and tell IRRELEVANT STORIES. Beowulf kills some more STUFF.)

Beowulf
Wiglaf, I'm dying. See that my funeral pyre fits my greatness.
Wiglaf
Ok.

THE END

No comments: